Commonly asked questions

Where can I get a copy of my accident report?

Copies of accident reports can be obtained from the City Office at 215 W 8th.

Where do I get a firearms purchase permit?

Firearm purchase permits can be obtained at the Dawson County Sheriff’s Office.

Do you loan out small animal traps?

Small animal traps are loaned out.  To get an animal trap go to the City Office.  A deposit is required.

Do you allow ride alongs?

Ride along’s are allowed.  Come into the Police Department and speak with an Officer for details.

Can I do my community service there?

We do not allow community service to be done at the Police Department.

What are the City ordinances on junk or unlicensed vehicles?

See  the ordinance page.